We recognize the importance of processing data about you as an individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, when you are visiting our website, and how you use it (“Personal Data”).
If you visit our webpage, send us a message, request a demo, communicate with us by receiving newsletters, or in relation to recruitment, we may collect and store Personal Data. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and this policy sets out what Personal Data we collect and store, why this is done, and your rights concerning Personal Data.
The data controller for Personal Data is Cognite with the following contact information:
Do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com if you have any further questions after reading this statement. All references to “we” and “us” refer to the Norwegian company Cognite AS.
We collect, store, and use Personal Data for different reasons, depending on who you are and how the Personal Data is collected. We collect information for some or all of the following reasons:
1. In order to provide you with information about our products and services, including sending newsletters, we may use your name, email address, job title, and phone number. This processing of Personal Data is based on your consent.
2. In order to answer any inquiries, including webinar registration, we may collect your name, email address, job title, phone number, and any other personal information included in your inquiry. Our processing of Personal Data is based on a balancing of interests, and collection and use of this Personal Data is necessary to answer your questions.
3. For recruiting purposes, we may collect and store your CV, application, certificates, and references. Use of this personal information is based on your consent.
5. In order to analyse user behavior and user statistics on our products and applications, we may collect your name, email address, user identifiers, IP address, browser (type and version), equipment, hardware (processor, RAM, bandwidth, etc.), events, duration of sessions, what features are being used, what pages is looked at, search queries, country and other data related to your registered user. This also includes that we may track your behavior on our products and applications. In this regard, we may use tools delivered by third parties for analytical purposes and behavioral statistics. We also have in place ticketing systems and in-app chat systems that stores your email address, how often you have logged into these applications and what pages you have accessed. Our processing of Personal Data is based on a balancing of interests, and collection and use of this Personal Data is necessary to improve our products and applications and to provide you with tailored service and support at your request.
6. For the purposes of further development or improvement of our products and services based on feedback from customers or partners, or for documentation purposes, we may record meetings with customers or partners and store such video and/or audio recordings. We base such processing of Personal Data on a balancing of interests, and this processing of Personal Data is necessary for us to fully utilize feedback from customers and partners, and for documentation purposes. We will always inform you that we will record a meeting in advance of the meeting, and we encourage you to let us know if you do not want us to record the meeting.
7. We also use your Personal Data to create aggregated and anonymous statistics for reporting purposes as well as for product and service development and improvement.
We collect data through cookies to deliver our service, improve the content on our website for you, and promote relevant services through third parties. You have the option to opt-out.
A cookie is a text-only file that is placed on your computer via the Internet to recognize when you’re visiting a particular website. They’re widely used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide analytics to the owner(s) of the site.
Cookies enable us to understand how many people visit our site and how they use it. The information we gather using cookies is generic, and we have no access to data regarding individual users. Data gathered includes how users arrive on our website, how they navigate between pages, and what device they are using.
We then use Google Analytics to understand the data and to improve the overall experience of our website. We also use the following tools:
The cookies have a lifetime not exceeding two years from the moment you visited our website. You may delete all our cookies in the “Settings”-menu of your browser. Our cookies may also be disabled by visiting the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We disclose personal data to authorities to the extent we are under statutory obligation to do so. Such authorities include tax authorities, police authorities, enforcements authorities and supervisory authorities in relevant countries.
In addition, data are disclosed to third parties with your consent or if this is permitted pursuant to legislation.
We have entered into agreements with selected suppliers, which include processing of personal data on our behalf. This can be suppliers of IT development, maintenance, hosting and support. We use cloud vendors like Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure as hosting services.
Third country transfers
In some cases, we may also transfer personal data to organisations in so-called third countries (countries outside of the European Economic Area). Such transfers can be made if any of the following conditions apply;
the EU Commission has decided that there is an adequate level of protection in the country in question, or
other appropriate safeguards have been taken, for example the use of the standard contractual clauses (EU model-clauses) approved by the EU Commission or the data processor has valid Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) in place, or
that there are exceptions in special situations, such as to fulfil a contract with you or your consent to the specific transfer.
If you do not request us to stop using Personal Data, we retain Personal Data for as long as required by law. Personal Data that we have collected based on your consent is deleted if you withdraw your consent. Personal Data used to perform an agreement with you is deleted as soon as all obligations of the agreement is carried out.
We retain customer information for five years, pursuant to the storage obligation in Section 13 of the Norwegian Bookkeeping Act. In the event of outstanding amounts or customer disputes, we may store information for the duration necessary to solve the dispute in court.
We store your e-mail address and name if you sign up for our e-mail newsletter. We delete your e-mail address and name immediately if you unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe to our newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter you have received.
You have the right to request additional information from us about how we process your personal information. You may also request access to all the personal data we have stored about you. You may request to have personal data corrected if you locate any errors.
You may also request your personal data deleted. We will delete your personal data if we do not longer have a legal and legitimate processing purpose.
Further, you have the right to restrict our processing, to object to our processing and to port Personal Data elsewhere.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email firstname.lastname@example.org.We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible, and at the latest within 30 days.
If you wish to exercise your rights, we will require that you confirm your identity by providing additional information. We do this to ensure that third parties are not given access to Personal Data.
If you believe that our collection, storage and use of Personal Data does not comply with our privacy notice or does not comply with privacy law, you may complain to the local data protection authority here: https://www.datatilsynet.no/
We may change this statement from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.