Discover three essential trends driving the future of data management, as IT professionals take a leading role.
Data and digital platforms, shared across IT professionals and operations, are making digital transformation a reality for industrial enterprises.
To guide your journey, we've summarized the most important developments in this exciting space, as cloud-based AI, augmented data management capabilities, and domain engineers who can code — also sometimes referred to as citizen developers or citizen data scientists — transform the way organizations and individuals approach turning data into business value.
- Discovering relationships in diverse data is fundamental to the future of data management.
- Data augmentation capabilities are increasingly considered essential to any future-ready data and digital platform.
- IT specialists are set to see a shift in focus. Driven by augmented data management, more of their time will be spent on collaboration, training, and strategy, and less on repetitive, low-impact activity.
- Industrial organizations will increasingly rely on the work of smart engineers. These are not traditional data specialists or developers, but people within different SME roles in the organization who are empowered to access and use data effectively and safely.
- As data management solutions mature, buyer focus needs to shift from “how data is retained and controlled” to “how data is used and accessed,” especially in the cloud.
Streamline more workflows for more data and digital consumers, and capture the subject matter expertise that is distributed across your organization. All powered by the industry’s most comprehensive data contextualization engine in Cognite Data Fusion®.
Learn more about how data contextualization defines modern data management